2021 Yard Beautification Contest
All Forest Park Residential Yards Will Automatically Be Judged - There is no need to register.
There are two possible awards: The Beatification Awards & The Marigold Award
Winners receive a yard flag (possibly two).
What exactly will the judges be looking for?
- Lawns must be well kept and without noticeable bare spots, and free of yard waste (branches, leaves, bags of mulch, etc.) – this includes the public right-of-way (the section between the sidewalk and the street).
- Bushes and/or trees must be well trimmed and without bare limbs.
- Trees that overhang the sidewalk must be trimmed to allow a clearance of 8 feet over the sidewalk
- No awards will be given to houses with fake, plastic, or artificial flowers.
- Houses with dead trees on their property will not be given an award
- Good usage of decorative stones, bricks, walls, fences, etc. a plus
- Lawns must be well trimmed and have a carpet-like thickness with a healthy green color
- Driveway should be free of debris and weeds
- Houses should be in good repair, with good curb appeal and conform with Forest Park Property Maintenance codes.
Marigold Flags: (The Marigold is the official City flower)
Each judge is only given a FEW Marigold flags so they choose the homes with:
- The most Marigolds
- Most creative use of Marigolds
- Best display of Marigolds
- Best use of color
- Best use of size
If interested in being a volunteer judge, contact Rachel Wilson at email@example.com