The City of Forest Park is soliciting input from residents about potential community development projects that would occur over the next 3 years, 2021-2023. The City has the opportunity to apply for approximately $100,000 in federal CDBG funds for project(s) that would primarily benefit low and moderate income persons, senior citizens (age 65 or older) and persons with disabilities.
Past CDBG-funded projects in Forest Park have included:
- New ADA-accessible entrance doors at the Municipal Center
- Street rehabilitation and reconstruction on Grandin Ave, Bessinger Drive and Halesworth Drive
- ADA-accessible curb ramps
- The Senior Center building and parking lot
- New playground equipment at Kanter Park
- The home repair grant program for low and moderate income homeowners.
Information on housing and community development needs, and/or ideas for projects, should be sent by email to Chris Anderson, Director of Community Development (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you have any questions or need more information, please call Chris at (513) 595-5214 or send an email.