Tax Season & Forms
- Mondays and Thursdays (April 2, April 6, April 9, April 13, 2020) from 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM
- Wednesday (April 15, 2020) from 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Saturdays (April 4 and April 11, 2020) from 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Tax forms are located in the Document Center. You may use the following links to find the forms you require:
Information Needed to File a Forest Park Tax Return
To file your return(s) and receive any withholding credits, you need to provide copies of your W-2s AND a copy of your Federal Tax return form 1040 for each year(s). In many cases, the W2-s showing the withholding credits will result in a significantly lower tax balance due to Forest Park.
***The best place to obtain this information is your records. The IRS requires you to keep your records for at least 3 years. See IRS Pub. 17.***
- We need your W-2 information:
- If your W-2s are missing, contact your employer(s) to obtain a copy from them
- If you cannot obtain your W-2s from your employer(s), contact the city that you worked in to see if they can provide a copy.
- If you do not remember who you were employed with, complete IRS Form 4506-T to obtain a transcript of your W-2s from the IRS.
- Your transcript from the IRS will provide you the name(s) of your employer(s). You can then attempt to contact the employer(s) for a copy of your W-2 or contact the city you worked in.
- Please note that this transcript does NOT include your local withholding information, but it can be used to file your return with no local credit.
- We need your Federal tax return form 1040
- If your Federal 1040 is missing, contact your tax preparer for a copy
- If you cannot obtain a copy from your preparer and/or no one prepared your return, get a free transcript of your Federal return from the IRS via one of the following methods
- Visit www.IRS.gov/transcript
- Call the IRS at 1-800-908-9946 and follow the voice prompts
- Fill out and mail to the IRS form 4506-T or 4506T-EZ available on their website
- The IRS may not be able to provide you with all of the years requested.
- We need your Social Security statement which provides a year-by-year earnings history.
- You can obtain a copy from any Social Security office, or www.ssa.gov.
If you have moved out of the City of Forest Park, to document your move-out date, we will need one or more of the following:
- Copy of new lease or hose settlement
- Copy of final utility bill from forest Park address
- Copy of start-up utility bill for your new address
- Documentation from the school showing your child was withdrawn from Winton Woods School and re-enrolled in another district.
- Statement from Duke Energy showing when and where service was in your name.
*** Please note that you have 30 days to obtain the necessary documentation and return to the Tax Office. After 30 days we may use the available information to file your returns. ***
If you have been summoned to our Mayor’s Court, a criminal charge may become part of your permanent record.
- The only way to have your case dismissed is to file all years and pay your balance in full. This includes your current year estimate.
- If you are unable to pay in full and need a payment arrangement, you will need to enter a plea to the criminal charge.
- If you are found guilty there is a maximum fine of $500 and 30 days of jail.
- You may be required to pay any court costs and fines on the day of your sentencing.
- You will be placed on a non-reporting probation for the time period of your payment arrangement and will be required to maintain a current tax account.
|550 Main St. Room 2000
Cincinnati, OH 45202
|Hamilton - 6553 Winford Ave. Hamilton, OH 45011
Downtown - 550 Main St. Room 2000 Cincinnati, OH 45202
Evendale - 10205 Reading Rd. Cincinnati, OH 45241
|1 - 800 - 908 - 9946||1 - 800 - 772 - 1213|