Rules & Regulations
Filing for an Extension
If you need more time to file, you must complete either a Forest Park extension request, or a Federal extension request before the filing deadline
AN EXTENSION TO FILE IS NOT AN EXTENSION TO PAY
If you belive that you will owe, please make a payment with your extension request to avoid any penalty or interest.
Back to Top
Declaring an Estimate
If a resident owes more than $200.00, the City of Forest Park requires quarterly estimated tax payments.
Estimates for the current year are billed quarterly based on the prior year tax liability. The first quarter estimate is due to be paid with your tax return by the April filing deadline. The remaining three quarters are due by June 15th, September 15th and January 15th. If you wish to pay your full estimate at once, you may do so.
To avoid penalty, you must pay 100% of your prior year’s tax liability or 90% of your actual tax liability.
To amend your declaration of estimated tax for the current year, please contact the Forest Park Income Tax Department with any questions.
You may not need to pay quarterly if:
- Your employer(s) withhold the 1.5% forest Park tax from your earnings
- You are not employed or all your income is from a non-taxable source
- Your Forest Park filing is based on business or rental activities where you anticipate a net loss
- Your employers do not withhold any Forest Park, or other local taxes from your earnings
- Your employers withhold other local taxes, but because Forest Park now only allows a maximum of .375% credit for taxes paid to other cities (effective 1/1/2014, you will need to pay at least 1.125%). Please see tax form instructions for further details
- Your filing is based on business or rental activities where you anticipate a net profit
- You ahve other taxable income that is not withheld for Forest Park or another locality
- You owed taxes when you filed last year's return, and your income situation has remained the same
The deadline for filing and paying Forest Park Municipal Income Taxes is April 15th , or the IRS tax filing deadline. Even though the City, as a courtesy, sends out monthly balance due statements, accounts with balances after April 15th are considered PAST DUE and ARE subject to being sent to collections (which could result in a civil lawsuit filed by Keith D. Weiner & Associates Co, L.P.A., The Attorney General Office or Weltman, Weinberg & Reis co, L.P.A on behalf of the City of Forest Park).
Once placed for collection, a 25% collection fee for KWA, a 27% collection fee for WWR, or a 10% AGO collection fee is added to account balance per the Forest Park Ordinance. In addition to civil liability, the City of Forest Park Tax Department may issue a criminal summons for failure to pay taxes at any time without further notice or demand.
TO AVOID ANY OF THESE CONSEQUENCES A TAX PAYER MUST:
- Utilize and pay quarterly estimated tax throughout the year. Payment slips for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarter estimates are due in June, September and January. This is the best way of avoiding past due/delinquent taxes.
- Pay the Past Due taxes (including any applicable accrued penalties and interest in full)
- Tax Payers with PAST DUE balances MUST contact the Tax Department to sign a short – term monthly payment agreement, usually 6 months or less. All payment plans are to be completed within 6 – 12 months unless special consideration is given by the tax commissioner or tax administrator. Tax Payers who fail to enter into a monthly payment agreement and/or fail to pay as agreed are subject to being placed with one of the above mentioned collection agencies.
|Address||Keith D. Weiner & Assoc. Co., L.P.A.
75 Public Square, 4th Floor
Cleveland, OH 44133
|Phone||(216) - 771 - 6500|
** Please be advised that an online payment through the KWA payment portal is not to be misconstrued as a formal payment arrangement and any payment less than the total balance due will not stop or slow down the legal process. Therefore, any payment arrangement requested online must be confirmed by KWA in writing before the taxpayer is considered to have a formal payment agreement. Please call KWA at (216) 771-6500 with questions or for more information.
IF YOUR TAX ACCOUNT BALANCE HAS BEEN TURNED OVER TO WELTMAN, WEINBERG & REIS Co, L.P.A. ALL BALANCE INQUIRIES AND PAYMENTS MUST BE DIRECTED/SENT TO WELTMAN,
|Address|| Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co, L.P.A
323 W. Lakeside Avenue, Suite 200
Cleveland, OH 44133
|Phone||(800) - 334 - 0257|
** Please be advised that an online payment through the KWA payment portal is not to be misconstrued as a formal payment arrangement and any payment less than the total balance due will not stop or slow down the legal process. Therefore, any payment arrangement requested online must be confirmed by WWR in writing before the taxpayer is considered to have a formal payment agreement. Please call KWA at (800)334-0257 with questions or for more information.
IF YOUR TAX ACCOUNT BALANCE HAS BEEN TURNED OVER TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL’S OFFICE ALL BALANCE INQUIRIES AND PAYMENTS MUST BE DIRECTED/SENT TO THE AGO:
|Address|| Attourney General's Office
150 East Gay St., 1st Floor
Columbus, OH 43215
|Phone||(888) - 301 - 8885|
Back to Top