Forest Park's Residential Energy Aggregation Program
November 5, 2019
Forest Park residents passed two (2) energy aggregation ballet issues - electric and natural gas.
What is energy aggregation?
Energy aggregation is when a group of customers (in this case residents and small businesses) join together to form a single, larger customer that buys energy for all its members. A large buying group may be able to get a better price for its group members than individual customers can get on their own.
What is governmental aggregation?
Ohio's laws allow for communities – such as townships, villages, cities and counties – to form the aggregated buying groups on behalf of their citizens. The governmental aggregator chooses an outside supplier for all of the customer-members in its group. Aggregations can be formed to buy natural gas, electricity or both.
All governmental aggregators buying electricity must be certified by the PUCO. Communities that aggregate to buy natural gas are required to be certified by the PUCO unless they aggregate under an Ohio Constitution provision which allows "home rule" or the right for communities to take action under their own charters. If an aggregator is going to provide natural gas and/or electric buying services, it must be certified separately for each industry. Certification by the PUCO, means they have met strict requirements for doing business in Ohio. Therefore, you can participate with confidence.
Forest Park's Electric Aggregation Program
(began June, 2020)
- To lower and stabilize Forest Park resident’s electricity costs.
- To provide Forest Park residents a choice of which energy resources they wish to use.
- Duke Energy "Price to Compare ($ 0.0545)
- FP Electric Aggregation Renewable Rate (Wind) - $ 0.0456 kWh (default)
- FP Electric Aggregation Non-Renewable Rate (Coal/Natural Gas) - $ 0.0447 kWh (option)
Important Electric Aggregation Development Information
- Signed City Council Letter to Residents
September 12, 2019
- Most Frequently Asked Questions
- Energy Aggregation Public Meeting
PowerPoint Presentation and Question/Answer Session
October 3, 2019
- Electric Aggregation Implementation Video
March 27, 2020
- Constellation NewEnergy, Inc
Electricity Supplier and "Opt-Out" Instructions
- Energy Alliances, Inc
City's Energy Broker - Info. and Opt-In Instructions