Large Appliance Collection
This collection program occurs every year - beginning mid-April and ends the last week in August.
Acceptable appliances are listed below:
Air Conditioners (residential window units ONLY)
Clothes Dryers and Washers
- Dish Washers (metal ONLY)
• Call the Forest Park Environmental Office to schedule a pickup time for their appliance.
• Place the appliance on the curb the evening before the pickup day. Do not put them out any sooner.
• Remove all food and other contents from refrigerators and freezers.
• Remove or tape any door or openings shut.
(especially for refrigerator and freezer).
• Remove all water from clothes washers and water heaters.
The City will collect at no charge a maximum of TWO APPLIANCES PER YEAR from each household. Households will be charged $25 for the collection of any additional appliances.
All appliances are recycled
Appliances containing Freon will be professionally drained.
Freon destroys our atmospheric ozone which protects us from the sun's harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays.